Monday, March 16, 2015

Concern for family in Vanuatu, banished to the back, priesthood issue update, marriage might be ok after all, and enjoying the ride.

To the greatest and most wonderful family in the whole entire world... 

So Mondays are pretty much my favorite days of the week – I get to hear from you and I love to see all the pictures. You guys are seriously the best ever. You may be asking the question... why am I writing so early today and not at 4:30 pm like normal? Well, I am very pleased to announce that WE ARE GOING TO THE PYRAMIDS OF TEOTIHUACAN TODAY!!!! Wahoo! I am so very, very excited and don’t you worry mom, I will be sure to take a ton of pictures! :)

The pictures here of me with the dog are from when we shared the gospel with him. Haha, and he sure liked it! He was just a dog that looked lonely and we were waiting for a family to come home whom we were going to eat with, so we shared a small lesson with him. :) 



Looks like it put him to sleep, haha.
This week has been great, another week in paradise, and I just feel so grateful to be here and live every day. I received one of the most amazing compliments (maybe the best in my life) from an elder this past week - and it was that he learned from me how to live in each moment and truly take each second and live it to the fullest. Wow. What a compliment. I truly feel like that is a goal that I have - to just take it moment for moment and enjoy the ride, because who knows when it is our last day, and that in every moment, and with every person, we have the chance to learn something new and be happy. I feel like this is to succeed. 


This week it has rained a TON and has been SO, SO, SO COLD. I mean, so cold, but I have loved it. I love biking hardcore in the rain and laughing when my comp and I fall because it’s so slippery, but we just laugh it off and keep on riding. It’s a blast and the rain has been crazy. It hailed one night too! I thought our roof was going to break because it was hailing so hard and our roof is like... a little sheet of hard plastic. It was so loud that we had to yell to plan for the next day. :) Haha. It’s incredible to live here. Pretty much everything is so different - like the way of cleaning is different and cooking and it’s cool to keep learning. And I think I’m forgetting English... it is such a struggle to write this email because I just want to say certain words in Spanish and I don’t know how to say the same thing in English! Ah! 




One thing that was the COOLEST THING EVER was this past Sunday, so remember Susana, Marco, and Christina? Well they are our best friends and are coming to church without fail every single Sunday and Susana has neighbors that have dates to be baptized whom we are teaching - Veronica, Brian, and Sebastian. They are the same in every age with the other family. It’s awesome to teach everyone together - the energy is amazing. We are also teaching her niece, Maybelline, who also has a baptism date. We found a less active family that lives in front of Susana, who are also her friends, and the mom has a son that is 10 years old who hasn’t been baptized, so another baptism! That is about 11 people, more or less, and they all came to church this past Sunday and filled an ENTIRE PEW. I mean... there wasn’t room for me to sit with them. It was awesome. I will take filled pews and me banished to the back any day over sitting with them. It was absolutely amazing! I felt super happy to see them all hanging out and listening to the gospel. It was awesome and that same day Brian came to me and told me how excited he is to be baptized the 27th of this month. It’s such a cool thing to be here. 


I am learning so much about the gospel, about people, about everything. I am growing so much too. I think the biggest changes in my mind and heart about the gospel for me are related to families. Like before my mission, I didn’t think much of getting married or having a family, but more about traveling and studying and all that (which is still really important!:)), but now I am truly really excited to have a family of my own. 

You ask about how I’m doing with my priesthood issues? Haha. I am actually incredibly happy that I had those issues. Yes, it’s still hard sometimes, but I am learning that we can all just share the love and the responsibility. And now when people have questions about women and the gospel, I feel comfortable to jump right in and share my piece, so yeah... I’m getting a little bit better. :)

I can’t believe that about Vanuatu being wiped out by the cyclone. Oh my goodness, what a miracle that Maryanne and Larry are ok and all the missionaries as well. I love them so much and send my love and prayers. Thank heaven we are all in the hands of the Lord, right? 

I’m also so sorry that Soto’s had to put Mia down. She was such a great dog! Please send all of them my love.


And make sure to tell Dax and Abran happy birthday!


Please tell Jenny and Beth thank you so much for sending me Christmas gifts. Although they never made it – gotta love the Mexican mail service – please tell them it meant a lot to me that they thought of me.

Well, I love you so, so, so, very much. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Thanks for everything you do and I am so grateful for all you do. You’re the best! MWAH


la guera

No comments:

Post a Comment