Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Another fainting companion, 30 questions, and an angry sun

Buenas tardes mi familia! 

This has been a good week and the sad truth is, nothing too exciting. We are just here, trying to work like crazy, and living the dream. I guess I just want to say that I love it here. I love the chance to share the gospel and to know my companion.

Here are just some fun pictures with Cristina, Marco, and some of the other kids.








This week once again, I have felt a little under the weather. Well, my comp and I both. Every day it has been something. And the weirdest part is that it has been a ton of symptoms. Sometimes I feel like I’m going to faint, stomach pains, I was throwing up one night, headaches, the whole deal. But today I feel fine and I think I’m just a little dehydrated and the food was a little heavy the one day. Don’t worry about me! I am super happy and we are just plugging right along! 

Oh, but my companion fainted while riding her bike, yep, different companion, same old problem. I don’t know what it is with me and running my comps into the ground, but my new comp fainted on me - again. Thank heavens that with her we know why, because she has low blood pressure and sometimes does that. But I can definitely say that it freaked me out, but yeah, she’s all better now. I think. ;) 

Hermana Egbert celebrated her birthday. She's so great. I love her.




We are continuing to teach Susana, Marco, and Cristina and know something? They are absolutely incredible. They have invited practically every neighbor and family member to listen to us and thanks to them we have 4 more baptisms this month! It’s amazing! They are seriously incredible and the spirit is so strong with them. One of the little investigators that we are teaching is named Brian, and I think he’s a little in love with me. I was talking with him and Marco about their girlfriends and Marco told me that the name of Brian’s girlfriend is Jessica. WHAT? Brian went red and I just started laughing. And after that he was playing with my hair and always wants to sit next to me. He is 14 years old. Haha, it’s a bit of a struggle. I think I’m going to tell them I have a boyfriend or something. :) 


Yesterday we received a reference of an investigator who had gone to church and had already started reading the Book of Mormon! So of COURSE, we went running to his house to meet him and his girlfriend and we found out that he had a whole list of questions to ask us! A LIST! Like... written and everything! And want to know how long? Like 30 questions. It was amazing! He is so interested and accepted a baptismal date and I am super stoked. 

I was playing soccer with the elders the other day. :) and of course I am COMPLETELY SUNBURNED. Oh man, what an awful picture... the sun here is an angry sun and doesn’t quite understand what it means to tan, but I mean, it’s fine... :) 


We all got together the other day to watch “Meet the Mormons.” It was awesome.




Thank you so much for all the pictures and updates on everything! I AM IN LOVE WITH THE HOUSE AND ALL THE PICTURES! You are absolutely my heroes. Keep moving forward with the house and progress with everything... I don’t know how you do it. I truly am inspired to keep going -
thanks to you two. Tell the ward that I love them and I can’t WAIT to see them all again when I come back. But, I think I will give both wards the blessing of me just not talking at either... haha. OH! I gave a prayer in English and it seriously was so hard. I am forgetting a little tiny bit... I just struggle a tinge. ;) I love you mom and dad and Buddy more than life and I am doing everything I can to make you and Heavenly Father proud. You are my everything!

LOVE YOU!

lil j

P.S.

Dad! I love you so much. You are seriously so amazing. I don’t know how you and mom do it every day, every week with all the things on your plate. 

Dad, the truth is that I am not completely obedient here in the mission. I just can’t stop listening to Jimmy Buffett. (between you and me, ok? ;)) Haha, just kidding. I love listening to him and I always think of you, sitting here next to me on a boat somewhere, with something bout a dog like Buddy sitting next to us, and eating maple bars. :) I can’t wait for in 13 short months from now to come home quick and hug you for one second longer. :) (maybe a TON more seconds.) 

I love you more than I can explain. You and mom mean more to me than I can explain. Every day I am here with families and I always just miss you so much. It’s hard to be here away from you guys, and that’s the truth, but I know you are doing well and we are all saving the world one person at a time in different ways. :) 

I love you so very, very much! You’re the best dad ever!

Love,


Your Lil Hula Girl at Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment