Monday, February 2, 2015

Thank heaven - she's feeling better, using her gift of accepting criticism, the Spirit is real, and yay for Cheez-its!

Hi Family!

First things first - THE SUPERBOWL WAS YESTERDAY!!!! The patriots won! Haha way to go Brady... I might have been checking the score every time we entered a house... haha - still your little angus dad. ;) I missed watching the superbowl with you. I can’t wait for the one after the next! :D
 
Hermana Guerrero's mom sent all of us cheez-its!
First off, I want to say that I am doing SO much better. I mean, SO MUCH better. We went to the doctor’s office and it was rough - a long drive. All the doctor did was take my temperature under my armpit (that was a new one) and listen to my breathing while I had on my blue jacket and everything... but who knows maybe it’s better that way. ;) I didn’t have specific pain just a total body ache. My bum hurts, but that’s from the bike, bahahaha! All the doctor really told me was to take some vitamins and call it good. I was a little exasperated to hear that, because I felt a little worse than some measly vitamin cure, but I took his advice and I feel a whole ton better! I tried to just buck up and keep working, but last Wednesday I just felt like crap and couldn’t stay awake while studying, so my comp made me take a day and now I feel so much better. I think that I was just a little run down and that was the reason. So DON'T WORRY ANYONE! Haha - thanks for all of your prayers and love sent my way, I’m sure that’s the reason I’m feeling better. I’m sorry to have worried you or anything, but truly, truly, I am much, much better.

It’s a little intense how careful I am with hygiene here and the members are pretty careful with us too, they know we are fragile little beings... haha!

So no one worry! I feel great now – thanks in large part to all of you! 


This week has been a crazy one, and I don’t have much time this week - super sorry! But I want to tell this one story. 


So we had two baptisms planned this week, right? They’re names are Gabriel and Carlos. The baptism was planned for Saturday and we thought that they knew and that all was good. We went to their house Saturday morning and they all of a sudden didn’t want to get baptized. But the mom wasn’t there, so we couldn’t talk inside their house. We had to go back in an hour or so. It was crazy. We left, incredibly confused and nervous and then returned when she was there. Now something to know about this lady is that she is SO strong willed and doesn’t give anyone a chance to talk and absolutely speaks her mind... and another thing to know about my comp is that she is incredibly sensitive and is easily angered - a recipe for disaster, right? So we went back and this lady starts giving us a bit of a talking to - that we never checked with them to check if all was good and that her son is sick still and can’t leave and all that jazz. She was specifically directing some punches toward my compañera. So my comp starts getting a little fired up and starts defending us and getting a little mad and crying and the whole deal and oh my goodness... the air was so heavy. This was one of those moments where I was so grateful for my small gift of accepting criticism when I do something wrong and making stressful situations a little bit better. My comp was so furious that she stopped talking and the mom said that this baptism wasn’t going to happen today, if ever. I stepped in, after letting everyone say their piece, and just thanked the mom. I thanked her for letting us know what we lack, so that we can get better. I thanked her for all of her time and help in teaching her kids and for all the things she has taught us. I said how we are not perfect, although we wish we were, and that we lack a ton. After that, she still said that they weren’t going to leave, because of the sickness and yada, yada, yada. The air stood still and no one said anything. Then I said how in moments like these - where there are a little bit of bad feelings in air, that the last thing I want to do is pray, but that in moments like these, that is exactly what we need to do. And it’s not like anyone can say no to a prayer, right?! ;) Haha, so I asked the mom who she would like to have say the prayer and she asked me if I would. So I prayed - with all my heart, and frankly, I have no idea what I said. But once we all said, “Amen” the air wasn’t quite so heavy and the mom told me that my prayer made her think twice, that now she wanted to talk with her boys to see if they still want to be baptized. They went upstairs and talked. We waited and waited and a few minutes later we heard – “Is it ok if we just go as we are, all messed up and sad, because we want to be baptized?!” This was a moment I will never forget. Going from an absolute “no” to an absolute “yes.” Wow. The spirit is real I guess... :), but truly it was an incredible experience. 

This week we have had so many incredible moments like that, where we contact people in the street and they cry because they are experiencing hard times and tell us that God sent us to them. It’s amazing and miracles truly do happen. 
 
Hermana Guerrero was confined to her house due to chicken pox.
We stopped by to celebrate her birthday and to bring medicine!
So that’s my week! Please tell Amy, Nancy, Abraham, Lauren, Spring, Hernan, Josh, Caroline, Renae, Josh, and Brandon thanks for the emails and well-wishes and prayers. I wish I had time to respond to each one. Please thank Nancy Smith for all of her continued generosity! Congrats to Bri and Brooke for their half marathon – way cool! And I am happy for Brandon and Josh getting to travel the world. I’m jealous too! They should visit  Pachuca! I’m grateful for everyone and their emails – thank heaven for family and friends!


I love you a lot, so very, very much! You are the greatest people I have ever known mom and dad and I’m so grateful to have you as my parents.

LOVE YOU! MWAH!!!

tu hija pequeña ;)

(your little girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment