Monday, February 16, 2015

Changes, tons of emotions, fist bumps, amazing people, a fake hit, twinsie dresses, and congrats to Dani and Nick.

Que tal familia?!

This week has been nuts, but overall the most exciting thing I have to say is that we have CAMBIOS (changes)! I’m going to have a new companion mañana (tomorrow:)) and I feel so, so, so weird. 


I don’t even know where to begin with the idea that we are changing. I am going to stay in my area, which is still the same area that I have had for four and a half months. I will compañera mayor - (I think it means to be a head companion?) and I’m more than a little nervous. I am going to miss my comp so much. It’s crazy that after four and a half months of living 24/7 with someone that tomorrow you aren’t going to see them and maybe never again. It’s so surreal. In our district, my compa, Elder Caamal, and Hermana Guerrero are all leaving and that leaves Elder Muñoz, Hermana Tuz and I with new companions. It’s SO WEIRD and I’m not quite sure how to feel. When my comp and I received the news this morning, we definitely cried a lot. She truly has made part of my patriarchal blessing come true by saying that some of my companions will be my very best friends. I’m going to miss her so stinking much. 

This is the Reyes-Monzon family and they are our friends. It was the dad’s birthday, so we bought a cake for them to celebrate. :) 




So we are going to have 3 BAPTISMS THIS SATURDAY!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited. They are Susanna, Marcos and Christina. A FAMILY!!! Well, except for the husband, who wants nothing to do with us, but hey - this family is one of pure gold. It truly blows my mind. I remember how we met them, in the street knocking on a less active family’s door (who NEVER answers...) and she came riding up on her bike with her daughter behind her standing on the wheels. Her bike was pretty sick with pink wheels and spokes and everything, so I told her that I liked her bike. We started talking and she was amazing! We presented ourselves as missionaries and she gave us her address and we returned to her house and that was that. She told us in the very first moments that she knew that this was going to be something good. The spirit touches her heart like none other and her whole family is amazing. Susanna is now 40 (her birthday is today), Marcos is 13 and Christina is 8. And may I just say, Christina is amazing. She is so close to our Heavenly Father. One day we went to her house and we were going to read in Alma 32 and we found out that she had already read it! Whaaaat? Yeah, 8 years old! And another time we asked Marcos,”What is one of the greatest gifts God has given us?” He said his family. Oh man, they are little angels here on earth. I feel so lucky to know them. Get ready for the pictures to come... :) 

This is a little girl in our ward who drew a picture of us missioneras. She’s seriously so cute. She’s a little chubby girl who is far older in her mind than how she looks. She will ask us about cambios and our lives and tell us about stories that are interesting and it’s incredible. The people here are amazing. 


Oh! My talk went really well, well, I think. Haha. I started out by saying that when the Hermano asked me to give a talk I said absolutely, but with how my Spanish is, who knows if anyone will understand me. So I told everyone that if they don’t understand it doesn’t matter, to just nod their heads and tell me that my talk was good. Hahaha. People laughed a little bit and then I talked with a Hermano that is a good friend of mine who told me that my talk was really good, that he understood about half! Bahaha. I fake hit him a little bit. :) I feel so lucky to stay in this ward and area with so many incredible people. Oh and another fun thing about yesterday - I found out Saturday night that I would be accompanying Hermana Guerrero on the piano in sacrament meeting while she sang, so without any practice we just winged it and it turned out pretty good! 

Oh and our twinsie dresses were just to be cool for a baptism. :) Haha - yeah Walmart!


These pictures are of an awesome couple who got baptized. This family is amazing. Their son, Bryam, is one of my good friends. We don’t shake hands - we fist bump and he’s so great. He is always up to accompananos and talk about great stuff. I love him. He got baptized about 5 months ago, before his parents, because they weren’t married. It was a whole ordeal and they were about to be baptized a few weeks ago, but they broke the word of wisdom with coffee. But FINALLY!  Finally they got baptized and it seriously was such an amazing spirit. Every baptism is like the first, the spirit is so strong and every baptism is special, but this baptism was something else. You could feel the repentance this couple had done and the incredible importance baptism had for them. The dad, when he entered the water, just started crying and the brother that baptized him started crying as well. And I might have cried a bit as well and especially when the son bore his testimony and said that now our family can be eternal. Oh man... the church is true. We have had so many incredible experiences and I feel so grateful to work hard every day to bring people into the gospel. I love being a missionary! 



Well that’s my week! I’m so excited to tell you about the next week with my new comp and all the new stuff! I love you all to pieces. Congrats on starting the move! I’m cheering you on from way out here and tell Nick and Dani a big congrats for me! They sure are going to have a ton of blessings thanks to that. What a fantastic Valentines Day gift. 

Oh! I GOT THE PACKAGE!!!! Thanks for all the stuff! I was in desperate need of contact solution and my comp and I loved the sweets. Speaking of Valentines Day - ours was... another normal day. Haha - happy single awareness day! Wahoo! Haha. Nah it’s great and I love being here and truly devoting myself in the work. It’s such a blessing. 

Ok, I love you so much! Thanks for all the pictures - I love all of them. You are the best y feliz dia de amor y amistad (and happy day of love and friendship.) Mwah!!!!

Hermana Anstee :) 

P.S.


Hey Dad! Yep, new comp tomorrow! I’m nervous, sad, excited! Oh just a ton of emotions. I can’t quite believe it. Yeah, we finally have water and all is good and I am so excited that you’re moving. Has it been good to move? It’s weird to think that I won’t come back to the same house and neighbors, but I know that this is going to be something great and I’m so excited for you guys. You are my world, my hero, and I love you so much! Good luck moving! Te amo! (I love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment