Saturday, October 4, 2014

She's not only ok


HOLA MI FAMILIA!!!!!!!! So I only have three minutes today to tell you all about my crazy experiences so forgive me if my grammar or spelling is bad. But I have an hour on tuesday and will write you guys mucho mas and send pictures! So it is absolutely CRAZY!!!! I am in a district where I am the ONLY GRINGA. Everyone else is latino. There are 10 elders and then my companion and I are the only hermanas. It is crazy. I love my companion. She's from New York and is going to El Salvador. She is fluent in spanish, english, and french and helps me so much. In class we only talk in spanish and it is hard to catch up and speak because I am so far behind, but they are so kind to help me and joke with me. They make fun of me a TON in spanish and I kinda understand but it's totally cool and we just laugh about it, I know it's all out of love...  haha gotta love being the ONLY white girl in our zone. In our district, 6 companionships and only one other white guy. I can tell he was the cool kid in high school so he doesn't talk to me... haha. I mean it's fine. Since my companion and I are the only sisters we are officially sister training leaders. Wahoo I have a leadership role over people who I can't even talk to fully yet. Hahahahahaha oh well I am learning. They take time out of their schedules to help a little white girl and give me a jumbled spanish lesson, but I love them all. My district is three companionships and our zone is 6, so 12 people together 10 boys and us 2 hermanas. We all love each other and really have fun and joke together. The gift of tongues is totally real and I am so grateful for it. It is so hard. I mean so hard. I am struggling with communicating but I love it here and am happy. I have felt like I am always playing catch up but it's ok, I think in a few days I will feel better. But no need for the dark people yet.  haha! I love you guys SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO much and miss you! I just got the cinnamon rolls today - YUM - thanks to Renae! And I haven't even read any mail since I don't get it until tonight, but I am so grateful for it already! Thanks for your sweet letters - I absolutely loved them. I hope you know that I love you beyond belief and that I miss you but am having the time of my life. Growing so much and learning so much about myself and the gospel and of course spanish. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
LOVE YOU AND WILL WRITE MORE ON TUESDAY!!!!
P.S. I am going to Vegas on monday to the consulate to get my visa. and I love you. A lot.

(FYI - The "dark people" referred to are friends of friend's ready to remove Jess from Mexico if needed. Haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment